Friday 22 April 2011

Goodbye Max

It is with great saddness that I have to announce the passing of my gorgeous guinea pig, Max.

He left this world at 3:45pm April 12th 2011 with the help of our vet, Paul.

Max had a brilliant day April 11th. He ate all of his food, ate lots of grass and enjoyed the sunshine.

He went down hill very fast and I knew it was his time to go. He went very peacefully.

Whilst I am devistated that he has gone, I take comfort in the fact that he is no longer in pain. For nearly 3 months he battled the illness and he was brave till the very end.

I cannot put into words what he meant to me. He was there when I passed my exams, he was there when I got into college and he was there when I got my job working with animals. If it wasn't for him 6 years ago, I doubt I would be working with animals now.

Mindy, his friend for the last 3 years is depressed.
The most upsetting thing is seeing her looking everywhere for him, tipping up his house and pacing back and forth. I don't know how she'll cope over the next few days but we'll being going through it together.

Goodbye my handsome little boy, I hope you know how much I love you and I always will. Sleep tight, darling.

No comments:

Post a Comment